It’s in my hand… and … it has got to be the nicest looking book I have ever seen!
Don’t read on if you want to keep what’s in the collectors edition a surprise
The outer box looks like an old book is embossed with the drawing JK made for the front of the original. Open it up and there’s a wallet on the back of the front cover containing “Collector’s Edition Prints” In the main box is a recess contained a velvet looking pouch with JK’s signature stitched in gold.
In side the pouch is the 180 page book. Three dimensional metal engravings appear on the front, with a skull in the centre with emerald eyes. There’s a lock on the side that appears to magically unlock just when it needs to.
The text and images inside look like they have been penned in by hand, and some of the text has definitely been done this way (although is probably been magically reproduced).
I’m sure it will raise lots of money for the Children’s High Level Group. Thanks to JK Rowling and Amazon.
It has a collection of free online book to read, but it delivers the content in a quite unique way.
You register to recieve the book of your choice, then that book is split into lots of small sections which are then emailed to you or connected into your own personal RSS feed. You can set how often you want to receive the sections.
As they say on their FAQ:
“…if you are like us, you spend hours each day reading email but don’t find the time to read books.
DailyLit brings books right into your inbox in convenient small messages that take less than 5 minutes to read.”
My google gadget on the side of my desktop tells me I’ve only 59 Days, 11 hours, 1 minute and 8secs… 7 secs… 6 secs… until the release of the new, but last, book.
Two months left and I’ve just reserved my copy. I’ve ordered it from Borders and I’ll be picking it up from there. (I decided to be nice to the post man this time!) Not decided what time I’ll be picking it up though… 12:01am or a more reasonable 9.01am??
Borders in Oxford are putting on a owl show at midnight and I imagine everyone will be dressed up too, might be kind of cool to do that…
My predictions for the book:
- Harry will return to Hogwarts but only to find the horcruxes which Voldermort hid there when he had access to the cupboard when he worked in Berkin and Botts…
- It will be discovered that the Avada Kedevra curse doesn’t kill but actually extracts a soul and hides it in a wand… to be retrieved at a later date…
- Time travel will see Harry Meeting his parents, if ever so briefly.
- Hogwarts itself will be a Hurcrux with Peeves being the manifestation of this.
- Fawkes will save Harry’s life.
- Neither Harry, Ron, , Harmione or Jinny will die but Ron will get bitten by a werewolf.
- The Weasley twins will make a stand but not make it through.
- Percy will sacrifice himself to save his mothers life.
Lots more but I won’t bore you with them! Also, don’t forget the movies out first!
Just released news from J. K. Rowlings website is that the next, but final :0( book is due for release on the 21st of July, just a couple of weeks after the next Movie comes out.
Think I’ll be taking a couple of weeks off then to read through all the books at a nice gentle pace, it’ll have to be this long because unfortunately I’ll have to eat, drink and sleep as well. (Darn it all!)